Thursday, November 03, 2011

A Miracle has occurred {Grocery shopping}

I’m probably not alone in my quest for frugality while grocery shopping. Since I had twin boys about two and a half years ago, my quest for sanity outweighed my quest for frugality somewhat. So I usually shop with the twins only at grocery stores with a double cart. Hence, NO Aldi. I have run into Aldi using our double stroller from time to time, but I can’t fit an entire week’s worth of groceries in it, so it feels like a lot of work for not much gain. Today, I decided to really go for it. I brought the baby back pack for Marty and was going to push Mike in the cart. It is chilly out and is misting. I load on the backpack with Marty in it, get a cart, get Mike situated, put my reusable grocery bags in it, and open my purse to get my list. It’s. not. there. At first, I think I must have just left it in the car, so I head back through the rain to the van and search it as well as I can with a 20 pound baby on my back. I cannot find it. At this point, I am not sure what to do. I do not want to go through this ordeal and just have to go out again, because I forgot half the things on my list. I feel like sitting down and crying, but yeah, that’s not going to happen. I decided to get what I could. I could say this was my trial run seeing how I like the whole baby backpack/cart deal. Here’s where the miracle comes in. I prayed that God would help me to remember everything on my list, and He did!! Seriously, that is a miracle. Usually, even when I bring a list I forget something that is staring back at me in black and white. I found my list at home (I had brought it in, accidentally, with some baseball cards I’d found in the backseat) and was amazed when I read through it to discover I’d actually gotten everything on it. So, anyway, I am super thankful.

No comments: